1. For those of you unfamiliar with the term ‘Good Samaritan’, Google “what is a good Samaritan”. In 21st century terms how do we understand the meaning of calling someone a ‘good Samaritan?’Our understanding is very different from how Samaritans were viewed during the time of Jesus.
2. Who were the Samaritans? What was their history in relationship to Judaism at the time of Jesus? Why were they views with such derision and contempt?
3. What was a ‘Levite’? Why would they be concerned with touching an injured man? (Hint: look up ‘ritual cleanliness’)
4. What was the trap the lawyer was attempting to set for Jesus when he asked; ‘who is my neighbor’? How would you answer this question in light of refugees, racial and religious discrimination and human rights violations around the world?
5. “A parable may appeal to the hearer’s sense of justice before they realized the parable applied to them.” How does this parable of the Good Samaritan do just that? Who would be offended by hearing this parable? Why?
6. Now that you have researched the main characters in the parable, and have learned how Jews viewed Samaritans how does this change the meaning of the story now that it means more than ‘just doing a good deed for someone in need.’
7. If you were to ‘up date’ this story for the 21st century who would you place in the role of the injured man? The Levite? and the ‘good Samaritan?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more