Answer the following questions : (5-7 pages)
1. What the rules governing the use of force currently are as laid out in the UN Charter and customary international law, noting the principles upon which these rules rest, and how they apply to humanitarian interventions.
2. When, if ever, are humanitarian interventions legal under existing jus ad bellum rules?
3. How mass atrocities like genocide and ethnic cleansing and the question of humanitarian interventions challenge and complicate these rules in different ways?
4. What are some of the main challenges that humanitarian interventions pose to existing rules on the use of force?
5. What problems emerge when considering the legality of humanitarian interventions either through or outside of the UN Security Council?
6. Discuss whether you think the existing rules related to humanitarian intervention are adequate. If so, justify this position without neglecting the real humanitarian consequences that would follow from it. If not, discuss how we should balance the responsibility to prevent atrocities with the dangers of imperialism and possible great power conflict.
– Be sure your argument focuses on the legal principles of the laws of war, and try to link your suggested changes (if any) in the laws governing humanitarian intervention to the existing principles that underlie jus ad bellum rules.
times new roman, double-space, size 12. Citation APA.
Use the following source: (attached to question)
– Also the UN Charter website
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more