The submission should be in 2-3 pages Word document, double-spaced, with 12-pt font (Times New Roman) and 1-inch margin on all sides. USE APA FORMAT!!! When writing the summaries, please refer to the Guiding Questions under the submission portal of each summary. You don’t have to include these questions in your summary; write the summary as a short essay, rather than “Question and Answer” format. Make sure to use complete sentences and avoid grammar mistakes.
Guiding Questions: Please include your written answers to the following questions in your summary. You can also include other aspects which you think important.
1. In these three articles, is there any particular labor market regulation(s) does each of the papers focus on? What particular country, or group of country (such as advanced economies or developing countries) does each of the articles focus on?
2. What are the views of the outcomes of labor market regulations based on these three articles?
(1) Based on Botero et. al. (2004), what are the major determinants of the variations in labor market regulations across the countries? How did the researchers reach the conclusion? What are the major consequences of labor market regulations?
(2) What are the major economic consequences of family policies does Olivetti and Petrongolo (2017) examine in their study? What are their conclusions regarding the economic consequences of family policies?
(3) What major effects of unemployment insurance design does Tatsiramos and von Ours (2012) focus on? Based on the research, what factors should be carefully considered in the design of unemployment insurance?
3. Based on the three articles and our discussion on minimum wage last week, what is your view on the outcomes of labor market regulations? There are certainly different dimensions of “outcomes”, from employer, employee, or the whole society’s perspective. You can provide general comments about your view.
********* Read 3 articles
* 1. The Regulation of Labor
You have read p. 1339-1356, 1375-1380, during Week 1. Please focus on p. 1375-1378 for the summary.
* 2. The Economic Consequences of Family Policies
Skip page 226-227 “Multiplier Effects” and “Comparing Lessons from Macro and Micro Studies”. Read the rest of the paper, skim the sections related to regression models / technical aspects.
* 3. Labor Market Effects of Unemployment Insurance Design
Read the entire paper, you can quickly skim the sections that discuss methodology issues.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more