For this assignment, you will conduct a step-by-step organizational analysis.
Please choose an organization you are fascinated with for this case study. It can be one of
your workplaces, an organization in your hometown, Fortune 500 company, university,
hospital, prison etc. Since this is a research paper, you must conduct two types of research:
1. Short literature review. Please use a min. of 5 academic sources to describe this
organization (the organizational website and textbook should count as extra sources). In
addition to books and peer reviewed articles, you may also use the business section of
leading newspapers and magazines (New York Times, Wall Street, Harvard Business
Review, Fortune Magazine, Forbes, AJC etc).
2. Empirical research. You are encouraged to collect your own original/ primary data or analyze/ interpret existing/ secondary data on the organization of your choice. You may use participant observation/ visit the organization, interview employees and/ or managers face-to-face or by phone. It is best to visit the organization, so you can provide primary unfiltered observations on the organization of your choice. However, you may also find a ton of information on the organizational website and/ or documentaries/ employee interviews on YouTube, Netflix
etc. (please make sure to provide references for your secondary data).
The Midterm Paper should have the following sections:
1. Title of the Paper and Student
2. Descriiption of the organization (mission, vision, values, headquarters, number of
employees, workforce diversity etc.).
3. Brief history of the organization from its founders
4. Environment (tip: protecting the environment is extremely important for an
organization, but the organizational environment includes much more than the physical
environment: customers, partners, investors, suppliers, alliances, networks, economic and
political forces, unions, regulators, media, institutions etc.).
5. Social Structure (tip: please
analyze Weber’s 6 principles of bureaucracy in the context of your organization;
mechanistic versus organic organizations; you may attach and discuss the organizational
chart, discuss the supply chain, the lifecycle of the organization, organization as an open
and close systems, symbolic practices that provide structure and routine, postmodern
perspectives of social structure).
Midterm Paper format: 1,500-2,000 words (not including the Bibliography), Time News
Roman 12, double space. American Sociological Association (ASA) or American
Psychological Association (APA) citation style
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more